Thursday, February 20, 2014

California Academy of Sciences-San Francisco

Today Ashlee and I went on a field trip with the 7th graders at her school.  We went to The California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco.  Ashlee and I drove instead of riding the bus.  I was nervous about driving in the heart of San Francisco and navigating the Bay Area traffic, but thanks to GPS and Ashlee's navigating, we made it there and back just fine.  This is definitely a place to take a family trip to.  I had never even heard of this place.  They had a three story rain forest packed with animals I have never seen.  Tiny frogs, two-cans, butterflies flying around, etc,.   There was an aquarium, earthquake simulator, a garden growing from the roof top, and much more.  I never knew there were so many different types and colors of fish.  There are even parts of the building where you kind of feel like you are in the water with the fish, you can stand underneath them and look at them.  We had a nice trip.
The two-cans in the rain forest


Green Lizard on the tree trunk.



Looking up at the fish from the bottom.



This picture does not do this justice.  There were so many different types and colors of fish.  Nemo fish, purple fish, hot pink fish.  

The group of girls we chaperoned

Jelly Fish

Mini turtle

Ashlee on the roof top.  Those circular things let light into the rain forest.  This building does not have any heating or air conditioning.  It is all controlled through "natural means", and it does remain pleasant.  The rain forest was hot and humid though, but that is what a rain forest is suppose to be like.


Penguins.  


Albino Alligator.  Yes it is alive too!

Ashlee, Alyssa, Mariah and Lauren. Ashlee's group of friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they sure get to go to some exciting outing.. keep stay
Love that shirt - I LOVE ME.. that's a perfect one..