Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Young Women's New Beginnings

This year I volunteered to do the decorations for our ward's Young Women's New Beginnings Program.  This year the theme for youth in the church is "Stand Ye in Holy Places".  The girls decided they wanted the colors to be red, white and pink, with a heart theme since Valentines Day is near.  So I decided to have the theme be "Feel the Savior's Love as You Stand In Holy Places."  Here is how things turned out.


We had heart shaped brownies, heart shaped Resses Peanut Buter Cup cookies, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate dipped strawberries, and mini cheesecakes with cherries on top.  The banner says: Feel the Savior's Love.  Ashlee made the tissue paper flowers on each side of the banner.


The heart shaped vases had each of the 8 young womens values in them.


Our little group of young women.




These vases I made.  Mason Jars with temple pictures that say Stand Ye in Holy Places.  I mod podged the pictures to the jar, tied the ribbon on them and put pink, red and white carnations in them.  There was also a little stick that said:" Feel the Savior's Love As You Stand in Holy Places".

Everything turned out well.  I am thankful for Pinterest.  I was able to find lot's of ideas and incorporate them to fit our theme!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks awesome...the girls are blessed to have you helping them out.
Happy Day

Anonymous said...

super cool ideas..
Hugs