Lewis Blain Anderson February 25,1933-November 13,2012
Blain, age 79 our loving father, and grandfather passed away on November 13,2012 at his home in Oak City, Utah from complications of cancer. He was born on February 25,1933 in Mt. Pleasant, Utah to Ida Leota and Lewis Mads Anderson.
On November 16, 2012 we gathered as family and friends for a memorial service for Dad/Grandpa Blain. It was a sweet service filled with memories of Blain and the life he lived.
| All 7 of Blain's living children (Don Ray passed away 3 years ago to the day of Blain's Memorial Service) John, Pam, Martel, Maurice, Kristeen, Teresa and Lewis. |
| All of Blain's living brothers and sisters were able to attend. |
| John, Pam, Martel, Maurice, Kristeen, Teresa, Lewis (In order from youngest to oldest right to left) |
| Ashlee, Parker, Linda, Lewis, Kristeen, Teresa, Martel, John, Mikayla, Maurice, Tara |
John gave a talk at the memorial service. Very sweet, very touching. Here are some excerpts from his talk.
Dad,
Here is my dad. Someone that seemed to know how to do everything. Dad knew how to do just about everything. I don't recall ever seeing him, not know how to do something. If it could be made he made it.
Complaining was not in his vocabulary. I never heard him complain about anything.
Work, he did this everyday. I had the chance to grow up right along his side. I would have liked to have been called his right hand. Once I was able to walk, I was right along his side. I'm not sure if there was a day that I was not along his side.
Loving, he loved everyone that he met.
Caring. he cared about everyone.
"And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles, and from all care and sorrow." I love this scripture. This scripture gives me great peace. Dad was always in some type of pain, as long as I can remeber. I love knowing, that he is now without physical pain. He is now feeling physical joy!

1 comment:
The service was beautiful. It was nice to reconnect with family members. Libby, I saw you at the service just didn't get a chance to meet you. Maybe another time.
Paula (John's cousin)
Post a Comment