Mikayla's class had their end of the year party today for 3rd grade. Myself and two other parent's are room mom's for the class. We planned a pizza picnic style lunch, sponge water relay game, three legged race, leap frog, popsicles and t-shirt autographing. They all seemed to love it. In fact there was time left at the end of the day and so Mrs. Crawford asked them to name the funest thing about the school year. A lot of student's mentioned the party today, especially the sponge water relay game. Unforunately Mikayla had to miss the picnic part of the party. She was having lunch with the principal for getting the principal's award. She wasn't happy about that!
The picnic consisted of pizza, grapes and capri-suns.
Sponge Water Relay Races. The kid's loved this game. We did the game twice and they were asking to do it again.
 |
| Mikayla running to empty her sponge into a bucket. |
 |
| Allison |
 |
| The class divided into 2 teams |
The 3 legged race. Allison and Mikayla were partners.
Leap Frog. Mikayla was the first frog (in the white shirt). This game probably was their least favorite one. They didn't like being bent over waiting for all 22 kids to go through the line. There was also some hair that got pulled, backs that got hurt, and kids who fell over the top of someone else.
Cooling off. Eating some popsicles.
 |
Karah, Allison, Mikayla (back)
Angat and Auki (front) |
T-shirt autographing.
 |
| Allison and Ian |
 |
Riley, Aiden and Mikayla
I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it would make a very nice gift for a teacher. So I made these two for Mikayla's teacher Mrs. Crawford and her student teacher Mrs. Rodrigues. The teacher had a Shutterfly website for the class with pictures from throughout the year, I was able to get pictures off the class web site to make these. They were easy to make, but time consming because of the steps and drying time. I asked parents to purchase gift cards in small increments and they went into the pot as well. The teachers loved them. I even had other teachers on campus coming up to me telling me how much they liked the pots.
I found this idea on Facebook via Sugardoodle so I helped Mikayla make some up for each student in her class. Very cute, simple gift.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment