![]() |
| This photo was used on her invitation. |
![]() |
| (Special Thanks to Heidi for taking all the great photo's) |
| Mikayla & Aunt Teresa |
| Mikayla, Ashlee and Carlee |
Today Mikayla was baptized. I have to say the last few weeks have been very stressful and I have had a lot of sleepless nights stressing about this day, but I am glad the day went smoothly and everything turned out fine. John did a great job. The speakers, piano player, chorister, and all those involved did a great job. It was a very touching day. I don't know if there was a dry eye in the room. For both the girls baptisms, we put together a dvd slide show of them from birth through now and we play the video while they are changing from their baptismal clothes into their church clothes. It brings back lot's of memories and adds a special touch to an already special day. Mikayla had to be "dunked" twice. The first time her knee floated up. John gave a very touching blessing to Mikayla. The conducter Brother Dan Blank sat down and gave a touching talk to Mikayla. He said her smile has brightened his day on more than one occasion. He mentioned a few times when he was having a bad day, and all she had to do was smile at him and it made his day a brighter. After the baptism we had lunch and a mini birthday party at our house.
After lunch and cake Mikayla opened gifts.
After gifts we attempted to do a pinata. The wind was awful and half way through the line of kids the pinata broke. The kids didn't seem to mind. They still got candy!




5 comments:
looks like a nice day, I seen that Dad had one of your invations, cute picture of mikayla. We spend the day enjoying conference.
It was a beautiful day. Mikayla looked so very pretty, and a beautiful spirit was there...through the talks and blessing given.
Thanks for letting me be a part of her special day-
Love ya
Congrats Mikayla... Doesn't time just fly on by with out us even knowing it until it's pasted and we look back... Then we wonder where it has gone... When Qwade was baptised I felt the same way.. Glad it was a wonderful day for you all...
sorry I really didn't know about it. so any congrats, look like mikayla have fun
it was such a great day, glad we were able to come.
Post a Comment