Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Freshman Orientation

Ashlee, Mikayla, and I attended Freshman orientation tonight.

Yikes.  I cannot believe we will soon have a child in high school.  We have been debating back and forth on whether or not to file an intra-district transfer to get her into another high school across town; but he have been up against many road blocks, because she is currently not attending a school that "feeds" into her high school.  I never would've thought it would be so difficult to enroll your child into a school when you live in the school district, but apparently it is.

Anyways, we haven't been able to apply for a transfer and we probably won't be able to apply for one until next school year, since the deadline has passed, so she will have to attend high school at the school closest to us.

I have to say I was rather impressed with the kids that I saw there.  But, as someone mentioned to me as we were sitting there, the parent's who care are the ones that attend these things, the ones that we are worried about don't attend these things.  Let's just hope there are more that care then don't care and everything will be fine.  Because this whole high school thing has thrown me for a loop.

Ashlee holding a tomato plant that the FFA group was passing out.

No comments: