Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas

For Christmas we got to enjoy 5 days at The Cabin Under the Pines.  It was so nice.  We always love going to the cabin.  As soon as we arrived at the cabin on Christmas Eve it started to pour down rain. We thought it may get cold enough for snow, but it didn't.

Christmas morning the girls actually slept until 7:30am.  That was nice.   The girls opened their gifts.
This is what Our Christmas Tree at home looked like.  

Teresa had a tree decorated at the cabin.  All we had to do was put our gifts under it.  

Ashlee and Mikayla opening their gifts.  Christmas didn't consist of any big ticket items.  They got what they needed...clothes.


After gifts, John and the girls went for a walk to the pond across the street and they captured some awesome photos.

The pond was frozen.  They were able to capture this reflection.

The morning sun shinning through the trees.

Ashlee and Mikayla

Mikayla



While they were at the pond, I set the table for our Christmas Lunch/Dinner and started cooking.  My mom and her husband Terry and my Grandpa Billy and Kay came up to spend a few hours with us.  Teresa had a nice center piece already on the table too.  I took the simple route.  We ate on paper plates.  I had been sick all week, and so simple was nice and easier.


After lunch we went for a walk, exchanged gifts, visited , had dessert and then our family that came for the day headed home.

The day after Christmas, John had made arrangements for us to go snowmobiling up at Bear Valley, Alpine Lake, Ebbets Pass Area.  This was a first for all of us.  I am glad we went ahead and bought snow gear for the girls before leaving home, because it was cold.  We ended up using our ear bands for our faces, because the helmets kept our ears warm and our faces were freezing.

John and Ashlee on the left. Mikayla and I on the right
 Libby and Mikayla
 Alpine Lake Frozen over
 John and Ashlee
Ashlee, John and Mikayla
 Mikayla
Mikayla, Libby, Ashlee and Mikayla

We had fun.  If we ever do it again, we will bring masks for our faces.  Your face definitely gets cold,  

I seemed to be the joke of the day.  I had to get a child's helmet because my head is so small.  Then when we were headed back in on the snow mobiles, I took a corner too fast and Mikayla and I flipped over.  Luckily we didn't get hurt.  Just a little sore.  And before heading back to the cabin, we stopped at the store to grab a few items, and as we were walking through the store my shoes kept making a sound like there was something sticky on them.  A bit later we noticed my shoes were literally falling apart all over the store.  Everywhere I walked I was leaving pieces of my shoes.  I had these shoes for about 10 years, but had only worn them about 5 times.  I couldn't believe they were coming apart.  At least they didn't fall apart while we were on the snow mobiles!


Saturday we went on a short hike.  Every time we are at the cabin John researches a new adventure for us to go on.  This time we went on a hike above the Logging Museum in Arnold.  A nice, short paved (for the most part) hike.
 Libby and Ashlee
 Ashlee and John in front.  Mikayla in rear.

 John, Mikayla and Ashlee
 Selfie time

We had a great trip.  We love going to cabin.  Every time we go, we never want to come home. John and Mikayla always come up with a bunch of excuses and reasons to stay.  Thank you Danny and Teresa.  We appreciate it.


No comments: