Nearly 10 1/2 years ago Ashlee was diagnosed with precosious puberty and she began receiving injections every 28 days at home. The injections helped supress the excess estrogen in her body and prevented her from maturing at a point in her life when she should not be maturing. The last 10 1/2 years have been filled with approximately 125 injections, 3 surgeries, numerous blood tests, doctors visits, x-rays, and CT Scans. Not too mention all the tears shed from having to be held down to recieve a shot or blood test. Or the coutless hours I have spent on the phone going round and round with insurance companies and pharmacies, etc. The journey has been a long one. One I never wish to repeat. Today Ashlee and I made our last trip to her endocrinoligist in Madera! Ashlee's numbers all in normal range. Her growth is now normal and progressing as it should be!


2 comments:
That is really good news!
happy Day!
yeah! that's such good news!!
Post a Comment