September has flown by. I've been meaning to post, but it's almond harvest and it literally takes every minute of everyday to get through the day. This week is my seventh straight week without a day off between both my jobs. Life has been nuts lately. Here's a bit of what's been going on with us.
A few weeks ago we decided to take a Sunday drive to look at our old house in La Grange. From there we went to Lake Mc Swain and let the girls do some fishing.
Our ward had their annual Daddy-Daughter Campout on September 23rd. John and the girls went to it. While I went and had my first ever Brazilian Blowout (compliments of my mom). For anyone who has frizzy, curly, unruly hair. I definately recommend a Brazilian Blowout. I now have perfectly straight, soft, shiny hair that doesn't require straightening everyday and doesn't frizz up the minute I walk outside. Four minutes of blow drying and I am done. Whoever invented that treatment deserves a Noble Peace Prize or something. It's great! Here are a few pictures of the campout. Needless to say, it started to rain on them in the middle of the night and John had to wake them up to move the tent.
 |
| Hannah (a girl in our ward) |
 |
| Savanah and Hannah playing in our tent |
John is now up to ears in chickens and rabbits. Those chicks we recieved a few weeks ago are now much bigger. Here is what they look like now.
 |
| 1 day old chick |
 |
| 6 week old chicken |
Ashlee decided to go for a walk one Sunday afternoon around the farm. Here is her attire.
 |
| They carved the walking sticks in activity day. |
And lastly, a month of school without at least one homeowrk project assignment seems to be unheard of. Mikayla and Ashlee both had projects to work on this month. Unfortunately, Mikayla's project went to school before I could get a picture of it. Here is Ashlee's "project of the month". A plant cell. Designed and created by her and John.
We also received news that we are getting a grant to help pay for some new hearing aids for Mikayla. Her new aids were ordered today. Zebra print with pink and silver glitter. Can't wait to see what they look like. I will post pictures when they arrive. That's our September in a "Nut Shell." Thankfully the drenching rains we experienced on Wednesday this week have given us a little bit of break this week. Hopefully we can catch up.
4 comments:
Looks like you've been busy and having fun!
It feels like it's been a while since I've seen you. Sam's birthday is this coming weekend and was I hoping to see you guys then because I was going to have a party for him(it's his 30th). but I accidentally blew the surprise and now he doesn't want me to throw the party, so it's no longer happening, arg!!
anyway, hope things are good, talk to you later.
good to see things are going well.
Miss you guys...we are nuts too. =)
looks like you all are having fun
Thanks for the pictures - got them. Hey a day with out homework would be wonderful!
Post a Comment