This weekend we had the opportunity to go to St. Helena, CA near Napa Valley for the first time. We attended an event where the rabbits that John and his friend Paul raise were prepared by chefs from all over the United States. The event was called Heritage Meats Cochon 555. The event featured pork, chicken, salmon, duck, veal, rabbit and goat along with fresh vegetables, cheeses and wines. All the meats were cooked whole on wire stakes over the top of a log fire.
It was a neat experience, but lets just say, the food was not to our liking. We are very glad the tickets were given to us and that we didn't have to pay the $100-$200 per ticket. I tried some salads and lets just say, they were GROSS. I don't know how you can mess up a salad, but I tried three salads and they were all yucky. John, Paul and Nevia all tried the meat and salads and the only thing they all liked was the rabbit (they weren't just saying that because it was from their farm), and some little slider hamburgers.
We were glad we got to experience the event and see Napa Valley for the first time, but we all agreed the food just wasn't good.
Here's a few pictures-
 |
| These are the rabbits cooking. |
 |
| This is the chef getting ready to serve the rabbit. |
 |
| John eating the rabbit. His favorite was rabbit tacos. |
 |
| The rabbit menu. The chef cooking the rabbit was from Chicago. |
 |
| Chefs preparing some food. |
 |
| Whole salmon |
 |
| I think I have seen this RV on TV so I took a picture. It was at the event. |
 |
| Nevia, Paul, Libby and John |
Since the food wasn't great and I was starving. We stopped at the Cheesecake Factory on the way home. We had never been there. I don't like cheesecake because I don't like cream cheese. But after having the Hershey's Chocolate Cheesecake, I think I may like some cheesecake afterall! We definately need to go there again sometime.
 |
| Nevia had salmon. John said I had to get a picture of it, because it looked so fancy. |
2 comments:
Interesting event...it's always fun to try new things.....sorry the food wasn't to your liking.
Love the cheesecake factory.
kinda retarded that the food was bad at a food event! lol!
Post a Comment