Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big Top Brownies and an Explosion

Ashlee's class read the book Chocolate Fever.  As the teacher read the book to them each day, they had to complete a packet of questions and do a project.  Ashlee and three of her friends decided they were going to create a chocolate bar, make a commerical for their chocolate bar and design a label for their chocolate bar.  Her group decided they would make Caramel Brownies.  I got on line ordered some cupcake boxes, Ashlee and I designed a label and her friends came over afterschool to make the brownies and do their commercial.



Ashlee, three of her friends, myself and two other parents all crowded into our little kitchen to make brownies.  A couple of the girls said "something smells funny."  I said "I cleaned my oven a couple weeks ago and ever since then it has smelled like that."  A few minutes later we hear a loud explosion, sparks fly, and we all jump.  The oven stops working.  We try to get it going again, but no luck.  The girls have to get this project done and now what?  Luckily, a friend lives down the road.  I loaded up all the brownie stuff and went to her home to finish making the brownies, while the two other parents stayed at our house with the girls filming their commercial.  When John got home he took apart the stove and all the wires were melted.  The stove was done.  That night we had to go buy a new stove.  After all that, we were able to get the project done and here is how it turned out.

No comments: