Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

This is the first New Years Eve ever, that we stayed up till midnight. This was the first year that New Years fell on a day when we didn't have to wake up early the next day and go to work. John and I went to dinner with some friends, while the girls stayed with their friends. After dinner we returned back to our friends house and played games and ate snacks. We counted down to midnight and rang in the new year with Lemonade and Apple Cider.




I would like to say that I accomplished all the things I hoped to have accomplished in 2010, but I didn't. We find ourselves in a new year, in the same place and in the same situation(s). We are thankful and blessed for all that we have, but are still yearning, hoping, praying and searching for something more. As we enter into 2011, we face a lot of uncertainty. Both personally and within the world we are living in. I am trying to convince myself that perhaps it's time to just let things happen the way they are intended to happen. For instance, as we approach 2011 I am faced with the possibility of no longer being employed and I am scared to death wondering how in the world we will make it. I am trying to convince myself to just let things happen the way they should and hope that it will all work out. My seasonal job is coming to an end and my part-time year round job seems to be dwindling. I have decided to renew my credential to substitute teach and will have to see where that roads leads...... Happy New Year.



No comments: