Saturday, August 28, 2010

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk






























John and the girls have never been to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and the one and only time I went there was about 20 years ago. Saturday we decided to go the Boardwalk. We didn't really get to do anything all summer and with summer coming to an end, and the girls back in school, we decided to take a little day trip to the boardwalk. We all enjoyed it. Too bad, I couldn't ride anything though (still recovering from surgery), but John and the girls rode just about all the rides. I think their favorite ride was the bumper cars. They got off of them and got right back in line to ride them again. After riding the rides and exploring all the boardwalk had to offer, we took a little stroll out on the beach (now that we know what it's like, we will come better prepared next time). After the boardwalk, we decided to go check out some campgrounds in the area. Glad we did. Ones we had considered staying at and even had reservations at (but later canceled) looked nothing like they did on-line. We did find one that we liked in Capitola. Plans are already in the works to go camping in Capitola and return to Santa Cruz, sometime next year!




















5 comments:

Teresa said...

I use to take my kids there all the time in the summer....when it was just a quiet place...now it is busy all the time...glad you had fun.
Hope the recovery continues well.

pam said...

Last time I was there I was 12 and Teresa took me, thank goodness for good sisters or I would never have been. Glad you guys are able to have some fun - send some my way....

Anonymous said...

That don't look like the same place when I was there with the church youth outing - I believe I was 14 or 15 It was right before we moved back to Utah..

Becca and Kent said...

I love that your family is always out doing fun things-it is great!
I'm glad you had a good time!

Trent, Taraleigh & Taven said...

How fun! Looks like you guys deserved a fun family day with how busy you've been:) Hope everything goes well at your dr appointment. We will be praying for ya. ps- your temple blocks are adorable!!!!