This is the kids diving for change. A week before this, their team lost a 7 year old boy to an accidental death. The girls donated their change to the family who lost their child. The team was accepting donations for the family to have a funeral for the little boy.
The Awards Ceremony. Ashlee and Mikayla both got trophies with their names on them. Ashlee also received and award for Most Improved Swimmer.
Mikayla is the first one sitting down. Starting on the left.
The 6 and under swimmers.
The 9-10 year old swimmers. Ashlee is on the top row, fourth one in from the left.
Ashlee getting her medal for Most Improved Swimmer.

A picture of the kids with their friends.


The girls both seemed to enjoy swimming. I think it is something we may do again next year. Today I received a text message from the coach, thanking us for letting him have the opportunity to teach the girls. He said "Triple A (that's Ashlee's nickname since her intials are AAA and he says she is like a duracell battery) is getting better all the time and Mikayla is Scary Fast. He wanted to thank us for the long hours required to be on the swim team and hopes they return next year. I thought that was nice. That out of over a hundred kids, he took the time to send us a little message.
The girls both seemed to enjoy swimming. I think it is something we may do again next year. Today I received a text message from the coach, thanking us for letting him have the opportunity to teach the girls. He said "Triple A (that's Ashlee's nickname since her intials are AAA and he says she is like a duracell battery) is getting better all the time and Mikayla is Scary Fast. He wanted to thank us for the long hours required to be on the swim team and hopes they return next year. I thought that was nice. That out of over a hundred kids, he took the time to send us a little message.
3 comments:
that was nice....and how fun for the girls. Our kids loved swim team.
Hope you are feeling better everyday.
xo
I guess you have to live in Calif. we don't have swim teams here in my town, but hey a couple of my kids can hardly float -smiles- Hope you are feeling better, boy you sure do go through a lot.
Great experience for the girl -- sure has been fun seeing photos of them during this time - It means a great deal to me since I can't be their in person to see the AAA and the Scary Fast swimmers swim! Thanks For keeping us up dated and I love you all!
Post a Comment