Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yucky Week

This week has been one of those weeks. John went to Iowa last week. His first day there his back went out, a few days later he got sick. He spent his last day in Iowa in the hotel room sick. Saturday night on his way home his flight was delayed so he got home later than expected. Sunday he spent the entire day in bed sick. Monday he went to the doctor. The doctor said his ear drums are bulging and he has a sinus infection.
By Wednesday I was feeling pretty yucky too. I went to the doctor and guess what? I have an ear infection and sinus infection too. John was still feeling pretty yucky too, so I asked the doctor if there was something else he could take. He changed him to a different antibiotic. Hopefully it kicks in soon (he snores to no end at night and I can't get any sleep). Wednesday night Ashlee spikes a 102.6 fever and says her ears, throat, etc. hurt. I guess she has the crud too. We are going to the doctor in a while to see what she has.
Mikayla is the only one that doesn't have the 'Iowa Crud", but for the last couple of weeks she has been having problems related to the surgery she had 2 years ago. Today she is going to have another test done, so they can try to determine what is going on. I also found out today, that my doctor has decided to go on vacation, so my surgery is being postponed until July now. Not good news for us. The plan was to have the surgery done and be recovered by the time the girls went back to school. That doesn't seem to be the case now. Maybe in some way it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe I am suppose to get everyone else's issues taken care of first, so then they can take care of me! All I know is that things around here never seem to stop and we are so ready for a much needed break from it all. I am seriously starting to think that something is living in the walls of this house making us sick....

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh yuck is right.....you need some good CV air to helps things out...see you on MOnday. =)
Hugs

Anonymous said...

O my -- what a not to have during summer or any time - right! Sorry -- love and hugs your way!

pam said...

wow, sorry hope someone is giving you a helping hand.