Friday, February 19, 2010

Surgery

Wednesday I went in for surgery again. I have been having lots of pain and other unpleasant things going on. The doctor thought that my endometriosis was back and had gotten into my right ovary. The plan was to do laproscopic surgery and a couple other procedures to clean things up, remove my right ovary and tie my tubes (we figured since they were going in, we might as well have that done too). Well once they got inside, they didn't find what they were expecting to find. They found a cyst on my ovary and were able to remove it while leaving my ovary in. And they found something out of sorts with my uterus, but they didn't find any endometriosis (which is a good thing). The doctor thinks since everything for the most part appears to look ok, that most likely my uterus isn't functioning properly and there is no way to tell if it is functioning properly. The plan is to see what happens the next three months and if things don't improve, I will have to have my uterus removed.
In the meantime I have been dealing with pain. The medication they gave me for pain made me sick. John called them to get something else and that almost made me faint. I am guessing this is a sign that I am just going to have to deal with the pain until I get through this. Today, I am feeling better than the last two days, so hopefully this means I am on the road to recovery.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Yes, I too hope you are on the run to recovery. I think it's been that kind of a week for a lot of us.
Hang in there.
Talk to you soon.

pam said...

Wow! sorry your going through all this, hope you get better and they figure out what is going on.

Anonymous said...

My o my goodness what a day for you. I hope this has cleared up the problem.. Hang in there! Thank you again for your prayers on my behalf -- you have always been so sweet and dear to me.. Keep me up dated okay..