Well the last two weeks have been packed full of ups and downs. I do have things to post about and pictures to post, but the pounding rain and wind that we have been experiencing for the last 5 days has knocked out our Internet service. Therefore, I am left with accessing the Internet here and there at work.
Last week the girls had dentist appointments. Neither of them have cavities, BUT Mikayla has a mouth full of overcrowding issues going on. She has two rows of teeth growing on the top and bottom because there just isn't enough room in her mouth for her teeth to fit. The dentist says she will need to start seeing an orthodontist this summer to start working on widening her mouth before braces can be done down the road (just what I wanted to hear, especially since our insurance doesn't cover orthodontics).
Thursday I went to endocrinologist for my thyroid. Apparently the cyst has gotten larger and now there is another one as well. I will be having them biopsied on the 26th. Treatment will depend on the biopsy results.
Friday I found out that I have to have surgery for some other issues going on and if they get in there and things are too bad, I will have to have a hysterectomy.
Saturday I went to change the battery in Mikayla's hearing aid and it broke. Every time they break it is at least $200 to fix. Repairing hearing aide's are like repairing cars. It's never cheap! Ashlee celebrated her 9th birthday at Michaels Arts and Craft Store and Saturday night we attended Stake Conference and got to hear from a General Authority and someone from the Qurom of the twelve. It was a good conference. Not dry and boring.
Monday (the 18th) Ashlee turned 9 years old. Where did the time go? She is growing so fast. I can't believe she is already 9. Since she had a party on Saturday, we didn't do anything special except have her favorite- tacos and nachos for dinner.
Tuesday night Ashlee received some awards at Activity Day Recognition Night at Church. I have photo's to post whenever we have Internet at home again.
The rest of the week has been spent working and trying to stay dry. A heavy wind, rain, hail, thunder and lightening storm hit our house Wednesday afternoon leaving behind a path of destruction. I have pictures of this too. Let's just say we have some work ahead of us. A tree snapped in half in the front yard. The bathroom has a leak in it and the shop is just about roof free and a totally wet mess inside. I will be glad when spring comes, maybe by then things will be dried out:).
5 comments:
hang in there
The sun will come out tomorrow - just keep thinking about tomorrow.
When it rains it rains, we can't have the rainbows without the rain (why????) hang in there and good luck with it all.
Hugs...talk to you soon. Let me know if you need me to take care of the girls when you go have things taken care of.
x0
wow -- sorry for all this going on -- your in our prayer!
i'm looking forward to the warmer/dryer weather too! sorry for all the crazy things happening!
Post a Comment