About a month ago the Primary President asked me if I wanted to stay in Primary for another year or be released. After being in primary for 2 years, I felt that it was time for me to be released. The second week in January a member of the bishopric told me that I was going to be released, but they had something else in mind for me; but they couldn't tell me what it was yet. Needless to say, John has been giving me a hard time ever since. He says I am going to get something big, because I asked to be released.
Today as soon as we walked into church a member of the bishopric was coming towards me, (and while I didn't know it until later) another member of the bishopric was with John.
John has been giving the bishop a hard time for a while now. Begging to be released from his Sunday School Calling. The week before last he said he used reversed psychology on him so he could be released. The bishop told him they had something in mind for him,but they couldn't tell him.
Well today I received my new calling. I am Secretary in Young Womens. I have no clue what to do, but I am with a great group of women. I hope they will lead the way and show me what I need to do.
John was released today as well and interviewed by someone from the stake. He knows what his calling is, but it hasn't been announced at church, so I guess his will have to remain a secret for another week. When he was told that he was being released, he asked if he could remain teaching his class, but they said he couldn't. John said, he had just gotten into it, and he was working on a special project with his class to be completed in the next 6 months, and now he has been released. (John's class is now going to be taught by the Stake President who was just released last week, because him and his wife along with their children, have been called to serve a mission). Wish us luck, we are both going to need it.....
5 comments:
wish you luck. sound like, to me you have shot yourself in the foot
Good luck you guys will go GREAT! You will love YW and the girls will love you, hope you have some nice girls.
you'll be great, can't wait to hear what john's calling is
thrilling moments in both of your lives -- your be great Libby and you will add a great deal to the service in YW. As for John sweet brother you have always shown great cominment in everything you set your mind to do and everything falls into place! I'll be checking back -
Libby- you will do great in YW...Just be happy and show tons of love.....=) Changes are always fun. =)
Post a Comment